How do I set up Direct Deposit of my Social Security check?
After your Carlsbad National Bank checking application has been approved, you will receive Carlsbad National Bank's routing and transit numbers along with your account number. Simply call 1-800-772-1213 and have your Social Security Number and account information available to set up your direct deposit right over the phone.
How do I set up Direct Deposit of my payroll check?
After your checking application has been approved, you will receive Carlsbad National Bank's routing and transit number along with your account number. If your employer participates in a direct deposit program, simply provide this information to the human resources - payroll department at your company, and your direct deposit will usually begin within thirty days.
Can I get information about my account by phone?
Yes! Carlsbad National Bank has two ways of serving you by phone. By calling 1-575-234-2500 Monday thru Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Standard Time, you can speak with a customer service representative who will be happy to review your account with you and answer your questions. Also, after hours, or during banking hours by request, you can reach our automated voice response system at 1-575-234-2525. All you need is a touch-tone phone, your account number, and your personal identification number (PIN). The first time you use Touch-Tone Banking, you will be instructed on how to select you PIN.
Are there any fees associated with accounts at the Carlsbad National Bank?
The Carlsbad National Bank offers a variety of checking and savings account products, both with and without monthly maintenance fees, to fit your individual needs. We offer free Senior Checking to anyone over the age of 60 in addition to our limited service Free Checking product. For more detail, check our Products and Services page.
Can businesses have accounts at Carlsbad National Bank?
The Carlsbad National Bank offers small businesses a business checking account with 100 or less items at a low maintenance fee. All other businesses are service charged by account analysis. For more detail, check our Products & Services page.
Is there any interest paid on Carlsbad National Bank checking accounts?
Yes! Our Interest Checking account pays a competitive rate of interest on balances over $1000.
How would I go about canceling my account?
We hope you stay with us, but just in case, we make it very simple to cancel your Carlsbad National Bank checking account. Please call 1-575-234-2536 and speak with a customer service representative who will be happy to assist you in closing your account. Accounts closed within 90 days will be assessed a fee of $25.00.
Are wire transfers possible to and from my Carlsbad National Bank checking account?
Yes! Funds can be transferred to and from the Carlsbad National Bank accounts by wire transfer or via ACH (Automated Clearing House) debits or credits. Call our wire transfer department for details at 1-575-234-2557.
Does Carlsbad National Bank offer Certificates of Deposits?
Carlsbad national Bank offers a variety of Certificates of Deposits with competitive interest rates ranging between 60 days to 60 months.
Does Carlsbad National Bank offer IRAs?
Yes! Carlsbad National Bank offers a variety of IRAs for your future financial security and will keep you in touch with all the new rules and regulations. We will also take care of all the details of transferring your account to our bank.
How long does it take to get an ATM card?
Immediately, upon request each account is issued a free ATM card with free access on Carlsbad National Bank ATMs.
Does Carlsbad National Bank offer a VISA check card?
Does Carlsbad National Bank make loans?
Yes! We make Consumer, Commercial, Home Equity, and Real Estate loans.
Does Carlsbad National Bank offer Trust Services?
Yes! We have a full-service trust department that offers a variety of Trust and Financial Planning Services to meet both your personal and business needs.
How do I enroll for Online Banking?
After your Carlsbad National Bank account has been opened, simply click on the Enroll button on the top right of our web page. You can also call the Electronic Banking Department at (575)234-2563 or (575)234-2571.
How frequently is my Carlsbad National Bank information updated?
Online Banking offers you the most current balance and transaction information available. Most account information will show immediately as transactions are processed throughout the day.
Can I look at my transactions at any time?
Yes, with Online Banking, you have access to your account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Can I transfer funds through Online Banking?
Yes, with Online Banking you can transfer funds between your accounts with Carlsbad National Bank.
Can I view my statements through Online Banking?
Yes, with Online Banking you can view up to 18 cycles of account statements in PDF format.
Do you offer Mobile Banking?
Yes, after you have enrolled in Online Banking, you can enroll your mobile device for mobile banking access. You can find instructions here or call the Electronic Banking Department for help.
Is there a charge for Bill Pay?
There is no monthly service fee to use Bill Pay.
How do I enroll for Bill Pay?
If you have a Carlsbad National Bank checking account, you can enroll for Bill Pay by completing the following steps:
• Sign into your Online Banking
• Click the Bill Pay tab
• Agree to the Bill Pay terms and conditions
When is Bill Payment available?
You may schedule payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Whom can I pay with Bill Pay?
You can pay almost anyone in the U.S. who can accept a check or electronic payment.
We are unable to support tax payments (such as federal, state and local), court-directed payments (such as alimony and child support) and any other government related payments.
What frequency of recurring payments is allowed?
The frequency of recurring payments can be weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
How are Bill Pay transactions reflected on my checking account?
All Bill Pay transactions are reflected as an ACH debit on the account statement.
What happens if sufficient funds (Non-sufficient funds or NSF) are not available in the account used for bill payment?
If a 'non-sufficient funds' condition exists, the debit will be returned via banking channels. The ACH return will prompt the system to block your bill payment account, preventing you from making more bill payments until the NSF condition is resolved. Any future dated recurring payments scheduled for release during the time the account is blocked will not be sent. You may also receive an NSF fee from Carlsbad National Bank and the Bill Pay processor.
When are funds debited from my checking account?
On the process date, the Bill Payment processor generates an ACH debit (in the amount of the bill payment) to your checking account. Your checking account will be debited within two banking business days.
Are payments made electronically or by check?
Payments are made either by paper check or electronically by ACH credit. The method employed on any single payment depends on whether the Bill Pay processor has established an electronic payment relationship with the payee and they are found on the electronic payee database.
What do payees actually receive?
Electronic payees receive payment information in an electronic format that credits their account. Non-electronic payees or individual payees receive a laser-printed paper check sent through the U.S. Postal Service.
How far in advance should I schedule a Bill Pay payment?
If the payment method for the payee is electronic, the payment should be received in about two to three business days. If the payment method for the payee is paper check, the payment should be received in about five to seven business days.
When paying a payee by paper check, please keep in mind that the date the payment is credited to the account you are paying is also reliant upon the processing time of the U.S. Postal Service and the payee.
Who handles customer support for Bill Pay?
The Electronic Banking Department handles support for Bill Pay. You can contact the department during normal banking hours at (575)234-2563 or (575)234-2571.
How do I close my Bill Payment account?
You can close your Bill Pay account by contacting the Electronic Banking Department.
Carlsbad National Bank will never request personal information by email or text messaging including account number, passwords, personal identification information, or any other confidential customer information. Fraudulent emails may be designed to appear as though they are originated by Carlsbad National Bank. Do not respond to any email communications, which request any type of personal or confidential information and do not go to any links listed on that email. These emails are not originated by Carlsbad National Bank. Never give out any information, which the bank already has, through text message or email. If you contact us, we may verify the last four digits of your SSN to confirm your identity but we will never contact you and ask for your full SSN. If we need to contact you, it will always be done in a manner that protects your personal confidential information and we work diligently to do so. We always work with the local regulatory and law enforcement departments to be certain any type of illegal activity is stopped as soon as possible. We have multi-layer security to protect your confidential information and will continue to be vigilant in protecting it. Immediately report any suspicious emails or websites that appear as though they are originated by Carlsbad National Bank.
If you suspect identity theft or have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Carlsbad National Bank at 575-234-2500.
To ensure security in your e-banking transactions and personal information, please be aware of the following guidance:
Internet Products and Services
Secure Login ID and Password or PIN
· Do not disclose Login ID and Password or PIN
· Do not store Login ID and Password or PIN on the computer.
· Regularly change password or PIN and avoid using easy-to-guess passwords such as names or birthdays. Password should be a combination of characters (uppercase and lowercase) and numbers and should be at least six digits in length.
Keep personal information private.
· Do not disclose personal information such as address, mother's maiden name, telephone number, social security number, bank account number, or e-mail address.
Keep records of online transactions.
· Regularly check transaction history details and statements to make sure that there are no unauthorized transactions.
· Review and reconcile monthly credit card and bank statements for any errors or unauthorized transactions promptly and thoroughly.
· Check e-mail for contacts by merchants with whom one is doing business. Merchants may send important information about transaction histories.
· Immediately notify the bank if there are unauthorized entries or transactions in the account.
Check for the right and secure website.
· Before doing any online transactions or sending personal information, make sure that correct website has been accessed. Beware of bogus or "look alike" websites which are designed to deceive consumers.
· Check if the website is "secure" by checking the Universal Resource Locators (URLs) which should begin with "https" and a closed padlock icon on the status bar in the browser is displayed. To confirm authenticity of the site, double-click on the lock icon to display a security certificate information of the site.
· Always enter the URL of the website directly into the web browser. Avoid being re-directed to the website, or hyperlink to it from a website that may not be as secure.
Protect personal computer from hackers, viruses, and malicious programs.
· Install a personal firewall and a reputable anti-virus program to protect personal computer from virus attacks or malicious programs.
· Ensure that the anti-virus program is updated and runs at all times.
· Always keep the operating system and the web browser updated with the latest security patches, in order to protect against weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
· Always check with an updated anti-virus program when downloading a program or opening an attachment to ensure that it does not contain any virus.
· Install updated scanner softwares to detect and eliminate malicious programs capable of capturing personal or financial information online.
· Never download any file or software from sites or sources, which are not familiar or hyperlinks sent by strangers. Opening such files could expose the system to a computer virus that could hijack personal information, including password or PIN.
· Carlsbad National Bank does not collect information about children under the age of 13, per the Children's Online Privacy Act.
Do not leave computer unattended when logged-in.
· Log-off from the internet banking site when computer is unattended, even if it is for a short while.
· Always remember to log-off when e-banking transactions have been completed.
· Clear the memory cache and transaction history after logging out from the website to remove account information. This would avoid incidents of the stored information being retrieved by unwanted parties.
· Read and understand website disclosures specifically on refund, shipping, account debit/credit policies and other bank terms and conditions.
· Before providing any personal financial information to a website, determine how the information will be used or shared with others.
· Check the site's statements about the security provided for the information divulged.
· Some websites' disclosures are easier to find than others -- look at the bottom of the home page, on order forms or in the "About" or "FAQs" section of a site. If the customer is not comfortable with the policy, consider doing business elsewhere.
Other internet security measures:
· Do not send any personal information particularly password, PIN, social security number, or account number via ordinary e-mail.
· Do no open other browser windows while banking online.
· Avoid using shared or public personal computers in conducting ebanking transactions.
· Disable the "file and printer sharing" feature on the operating system if conducting banking transactions online.
· Contact the banking institution to discuss security concerns and remedies to any online e-banking account issues.
Other Electronic Products
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) and debit cards
· Use ATMs that are familiar or that are in well-lit locations where one feels comfortable. If the machine is poorly lit or is in a hidden area, use another ATM.
· Have card ready before approaching the ATM. Avoid having to go through the wallet or purse to find the card.
· Do not use ATMs that appear to have been tampered with or otherwise altered. Report such condition to the bank.
· Memorize ATM personal identification number (PIN) and never disclose it with anyone. Do not keep those numbers or passwords in the wallet or purse. Never write them on the cards themselves. And avoid using easily available personal information like a birthday, nickname, mother's maiden name or consecutive numbers.
· Be mindful of "shoulder surfers" when using ATMs or POS terminals. Stand close to the ATM/POS and shield the keypad with hand when keying in the PIN and transaction amount.
· Carefully secure card and cash in the wallet, handbag, or pocket before leaving the ATM or POS terminal.
· Do not leave the receipt behind. Compare ATM receipts to monthly statement. It is the best way to guard against fraud and it makes record-keeping easier.
· Do not let other people use your card. If card is lost or stolen, report the incident immediately to the bank.